Sunday, January 11, 2015

Smoked Almond Butter

Recently I have been putting a great deal of effort into graduate school applications and will be for about the next month and a half therefore posts that I do make will likely be focused on easier recipes that will not take a long period of time to make or blog about. After this period of time I am hoping to really focus on creating and polishing old recipes that I have made and publishing those. So this week I made Smoked Almond butter. It is a simple recipe that allows for a variation of the typical peanut butter that most Americans eat and it is very easy to make.

Smoked Almond butter
smoke 'em if you got 'em

Ingredients:
1 lb smoked almonds
2 tsp cane sugar
4 TBSP vegetable oil

Directions:
pour almonds and sugar into the bowl of a food processor
Process almonds and sugar while slowly adding the 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the processor bowl (my food processor has a oil drip reservoir which is perfect for this and making dressings) until creamy (I like mine chunky so I did not process it as much as some may prefer)

Suggestions:
spread on multi-grain bread and pile bacon, pears, and provolone cheese or a smoked Gouda then toast the entire sandwich. (pictured below)
serve with salmon and alfalfa sprouts on a nice roll with a tiny amount of cream cheese.

Almonds and sugar in the bowl

I like mine to look like a deli mustard

A double layer of pears

A layer of bacon on top of a layer of cheese

I call this one "Sandwich in the setting sun"


No comments:

Post a Comment