Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pomegranate Lime Gin

This week I did an infusion for a party. I decided to make this infusion because last year I had made a pomegranate gin infusion that was good, but I felt it was missing something to liven it up. I would say that most people that drink gin like it with either lemon or lime. I personally like it with lime more than I do with lemon as the lime flavor is sharper and more sour which I like as a counter balance to the pine flavor from the juniper berries.

Pomegranate Lime Gin

Ingredients:
750 ml London dry gin
1 pomegranate
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp lime zest

Directions:
seed the pomegranate
zest lime
squeeze lime juice into a empty 750 ml bottle (I used a wine bottle that was washed and dried)
add crush pomegranate seed pods in a funnel to allow for the juices to better mix with the gin and lime zest to the bottle.
add gin until full
shake every day for 1 week followed by once a week after that
after 2-4 weeks strain the pomegranate seeds and lime zest out and enjoy
store in a cool dry place
serve chilled.

Suggestions:
make a gin and tonic with this and garnish with a lime wedge.
combine with soda water and pomegranate juice and garnish with a lime wedge.

Pomegranate Gin I made last year

Everything all together

Before straining out the seeds

Strained and ready for drinking



I just stored it back in its bottle as a plastic container seemed like a bad idea

No comments:

Post a Comment